You’ve searched the web looking for a WordPress theme that matches your mood and style, only to find that unless you know HTML or CSS, you pretty much are locked in to what you see is what you get. Well, what they don’t tell you is what you actually see is the theme with all the demo content loaded and that is not the way it comes “out of the box.” If you’ve ever downloaded a theme, you know exactly what I’m talking about.
Creative Girls Web Design is excited to announce a new online class called:
DIY Your WordPress Theme – Setup and Style Training
Here is what will be offered in this 4 week session:
- Weekly training webinar where we will break down each section of our theme and learn how each area can be styled without knowing anything about web design, code or complicated instructions.
- Lean how to mix and match all the areas of your home page to make it unique to your style. Would you like to know how to add a slide show, portfolio, call to action, newsletter signup box, video, price grid, number counter, testimonial slider, blog, instagram or facebook feed? The sky’s the limit on what your theme will do. Everything you need to know to install these areas is covered in the class.
- Learn how to add pages, change pages, create a menu, add a background design, add color, change the fonts and add social media icons. We will walk you through every item on your Wordpress dashboard and we will also discuss the areas you should never touch!
- Learn how to set up a blog and add content. We will show you many creative ways people are displaying blog posts and talk about how writing for SEO in mind (search engine optimization) can improve your rankings.
- We will discuss what you need to know about your hosting company and how to update and monitor your site to keep it running smoothly.
This class also includes initial installation of your theme (as long as you host on our recommended site) and a private one-hour one-on-one follow up call to help you launch your site live.